Appliance problems can be time consuming for many Altenbach homeowners to diagnose and repair, and a botched attempt can lead to bigger hassles and more money out of pocket. And with some appliances, such as ranges, grills and other pieces powered by gas, hiring a pro is a smart safety precaution.

Incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or poorly ventilated household appliances, such as cookers, heaters and central heating boilers, are the most common causes of accidental exposure to carbon monoxide.

20/03/2020eThis poisoning is the result of carbon monoxide from fuel-burning appliances in your home reaching dangerous levels. Hot water heaters, furnaces and gas-fueled ranges are all potential sources of hazardous carbon monoxide buildup. Regular appliance repair and maintenance can go a long way in preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.

Given that winter is around the corner, carbon monoxide poisoning is likely to become a problem, as households have furnaces, fireplaces, wood stoves, and other heating appliances running during the cold months. If there’s an issue with the home’s ventilation systems, the toxic gas could accumulate inside the house and place family members at risk of poisoning.

02/08/2021eCarbon monoxide poisoning is caused by damaged, unserviced, or even faulty appliances. These can include gas fires, boilers, heating systems, fires, water heaters, etc., as they can all produce carbon monoxide.

01/06/2021eCan you get carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric dryer? No, you cannot get carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric dryer. Carbon monoxide and the potential for poisoning can only come from home appliances that actually burn gas. Some examples of these appliances include: Gas dryers; Furnaces; Water heaters; Gas ranges

27 rowse10/03/2021eJust keep in mind that some electric appliances in your home may not have running watts ...

26 rowseElectric Shaver 8 – 12 W 335 days – 5 min/day 0.3 kWh Heater 1000 – 2000 W 240 days– 30 min/day ...